Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lawrence was my town, Atlanta is my city!

So I've officially been in Atlanta, GA for two and a half weeks now. It has been an exciting two weeks between being a tourist, learning to drive in traffic, and settling into my new home! I start my internship tomorrow and I'm excited and nervous. I know I will learn a lot over the next 7 months. BUT it will be so nice to FINALLY get started! In the meantime here are some pics from my recent adventures:


The World of Coca-Cola with the AMAZING polar bear!

The Water Gardens at Centennial Olympic Park - so beautiful! Definitely one of my favorite places so far!


Kevin and I on top of Stone Mountain! We also did a ropes course there at 36 feet in the air - it was AWESOME! Kevin faced his fear of heights :)

Patricia and I had a rustic adventure this week. We cooked out on a charcoal grill at Cheaha Lake and then 'hiked' up to Bald Rock on Mount Cheaha in Alabama. This is me sitting on Bald Rock overlooking the Talladega National Forest.


SOOOO in my next post I hope to include some pics of my new home and more information on my internship!! :)



1 comment:

  1. You look so amazing in that last picture, especially. Glad things are getting off to a good start. We will definitely have a phone date soon. Love ya.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete